Monday 5 November 2012

Velvet nails

Hi,
Today I'll review the velvet powder from Born Pretty. Many of you might have heard
of velvet manicure, or cashmere nails, which have become a trend lately and I've been
very willing to try it. Born Pretty offers you the possibility to have coloured velvet nails
for only $7.99, which is actually very cheap. They have a range of nuances and they
ship them free, internationally. I also have a surprise for you, please use ASJ61
cuppon code for a discount on any order on their website.
I got the orange one, which actually has beautiful reddish reflections. In my opinion,
it is perfect for fall or winter and it will attract every eye on your manicure.


I got it in a cylindrical pack, with a king of big tweezers included and a thin brush
to remove the surplus. I started with two coats of a close shade of orange and,
while it was still wet, I applied the flocking powder using the tweezers.

 If you wonder what would happen to your manicure after washing your hands,
the answer is: nothing! I had this concern too, but after wetting and wiping them
with a towel, they were just like before.

All in all, I like this product and I'd like to try other colours, too. 
What do you think? Have you tried them yet?

Use cupon code ASJ61 for a 10% discount at any order on Born Pretty store's website.
Born Pretty Nail Art

19 comments:

Elena said...

looks really wonderful! I would love to try this too!

Arletta said...

Looks great! I would love to try this sometime. :D
xx

Shannara said...

I like it and I want to try it :)

MissAdelinne said...

Never tried the velvet powder but I really like how it looks on your nails!

Unknown said...

I have tried them but did not get them wet because I was scared. I took seche vite and the powder in my purse. I used anti-bacterial lotion but not the same as water. Now I know you can get them wet. I am going to go get some.

Thi said...

That looks really nice! I've always wanted to try velvet nails!! ^_^

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

wow, it looks fab, I never tried the velvet powder but would love to try it out!!

Natalia - Warszawa said...

I like it :) !

Kejal Shah said...

looks pretty..like a blanket!!

Manases Andrea said...

Cat de frumoasa este nuanta aceasta portocalie. Imi place mult mai mult decat cel mov pe care o am eu!

Stefanie said...

I really like it on your hands but I would never wear this.

Sina said...

Before I've read this post, I've never heard of it but it sounds really cool and in my opinion it looks beautiful... I think I'll try it, too. :-)

xoxo
Sina

Isabel said...

Weird but cool at the same time! xD

FurFer said...

Wow! Looks cool. Fluffy nails <3.

nail crazy said...

love it *.*

Kari said...

HOLY WOW!!!!! I would love to try this..i bet purple would look soooo awesome!! <3 thank you for sharing!

Tempera said...

First I have heard of this. Your post grabbed my eye as I was looking through my reading list. Thank you for sharing! I might try this.

Lou is Perfectly Polished said...

I have turquoise flicking powder which I'm dying to use but never get around to it. This orange is stunning :)

Jocelyn said...

That looks so strangely cool! I'm going to have to try it!

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to write me your thoughts. I love reading your comments!

Free counters!