Saturday 16 March 2013

Striped nail art using fan brush

Hi,
Today I'll show you a lively striped manicure as well as my new 15 pc nail art brush kit

I got this set from an online nail art store, Born Pretty and they cost $5,96. They're quality brushes of different dimensions and shapes in order that you get sophisticated detailed manicures. 
The set contains drawing, painting and liner brushes, from thinner to thicker and from smaller to bigger ones. The thin ones are really helpful when creating small details. They are thin enough and you don't have to cut them to create the perfect breadth. 

With the brushes bellow you may create one stroke nail designs. 

The set also includes a dotting tool for really small dots with perfect accuracy. 

Last but not least are the fan brushes. If you wonder how I created the manicure in the first picture of the post, they are the answer. Using these brushes you may create really thin lines on your nails. My inspiration for this manicure was this Youtube tutorial. Please watch it to see the technique used.

For this manicure, I started with two coats of China Glaze -Lemon Fizz. The polishes used for the lines were Dior -545 and 671 and Picture Polish -Citrus. I finished with a clear top coat. What do you think?

And here's another manicure I did using the same technique, but different colours. Which one do you like more?

17 comments:

Shannara said...

looks awesome

Unknown said...

I love it!

Marias Nail Art said...

It's a very pretty effect!

Freshie said...

Wonderful colors! Nice and bright.

Tamit24 said...

it looks so awsome- the colours are just perfect :)
I'm amazed with your brushes collection.

Carla said...

Cat de tare arataaa!! Mi-ar placea sa incerc si eu :)

Anonymous said...

Imi place foarte mult manichiura ta:)superba, superba:D

KarenD said...

What a bright and happy mani! I have no idea what to do with most of those brushes. :)

bydee-make-up said...

Superbe. :)
Pupici

Lisa Chakan said...

Nice Born Pretty set, and fabulous fan art!

NailsLikeLace said...

This is really pretty! I love the bright, fiery version!

Camy said...

Imi plac ambele manichiuri :)

Am si eu un astfel de set de pensule si sunt foarte utile.

Unknown said...

I have always loved this effect and say to myself one day I will try it out. I think your nails look amazing.

Unknown said...

Both look GREAT !! Love them :)

Mădălina said...

Ambele variante arata f bine. Foarte interesanta tehnica.

Mina said...

it's such a lovely effect! :))

PreciousPearlMakeup said...

love this!

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to write me your thoughts. I love reading your comments!

Free counters!